Table of Contents
Audi Q7 battery replacement
Audi Q7 battery replacement
Most modern cars and vans are built to last many years. However, eventually, parts will wear out and require replacement. Of course, this will include the battery. Here is where there may be problems. Gone are the days when all car batteries were installed beneath the hood (bonnet). Modern car batteries could be put anywhere in the car because of computers and bigger engines.
There are four or five vehicles that spring to mind, and I will give location information for these car models.
Firstly, the Audi Q7-Audi Q7 battery replacement
The Audi Q7 engine is cramped under the hood. As a result, there is little room for anything else to fit. Computer design enables the car makers to locate the battery inside the boot, or, in Audi’s case, the drivers’ seat.
In fact, the battery is located underneath the driver’s seat.
Changing the battery requires a certain amount of knowledge and mechanical skill. In fact, the seat has to be partially removed, and we charge a labour fee to do the job.
It can take up to an hour for a skilled person to change a battery. DIY mechanics can do the job. So, like my other “how to fit a battery” blogs, I have included a video at the end of the post for some visual references.
I would recommend, though, that if you own a Q7 and the battery has gone, then go to a battery fitting station and expect a small charge to be included in the new battery price. usually 1/2 to 1 hour of labour!
For the DIY motorists guide
Along with the one that Audi provides, the owner will also need to have a good tool kit for this.
The first thing to do is to remove the whole seat. This is done by sliding the seat all the way back. For this, it is advised to buy a trim removal kit. because there will be two plastic covers to remove.
Use the special tool (a triple square bit socket) and proceed to remove the two front bolts.
By removing the two bolts, Audi Q7 battery replacement
You should then be able to tilt the seat back, giving you access to the car battery. If this is not possible, then you will need to remove the back bolts located behind a plastic cover.
Always replace the battery with one of the same size and specs. Make certain that if the car has an AGM car battery installed, it is replaced with the same type of battery.
Trying to cut costs
will lead to a more expensive repair bill later on. https://youtu.be/oXaUwvnHQE8
- 34 Ah Lucas Mobility batteries: delivered to Historic Market Town-Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, UK
- Charging Your Electric Car: don’t boil kettle, says National Grid
- Solar Battery Storage Guide-A beginner’s guide to solar power | Stuff.co.nz
- LV31MF ApolloPower batteries-Delivered-To a Boat on the River Wissey- Kings Lynn-Norfolk
- Battery Maintenance Services: Why you should offer battery maintenance services
- 34 Ah Lucas Mobility batteries: delivered to Historic Market Town-Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, UK - February 26, 2024
- Charging Your Electric Car: don’t boil kettle, says National Grid - February 25, 2024
- Solar Battery Storage Guide-A beginner’s guide to solar power | Stuff.co.nz - February 24, 2024