Table of Contents
Today, vehicles have more energy sources than ever before. The hype of electric cars and how they save costs. Promoting a better environment is so important. Almost all vehicle manufacturers are testing or producing electric car models. But what most people do not know, even some drivers, is that these vehicles use lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries to get power.
Apart from vehicles and trucks, fleets also use forklifts and other machines that use Li-ion batteries instead of gas. So if you are in this sector, it is paramount to know a little more about these batteries and how they help fleet companies.
Various Uses of Lithium-Ion Batteries
Fleets have different machines that can take advantage of these batteries. According to experts, the adoption of technology in vehicles is just an addition to a list of machines that have been using them. For instance, fleets have been using them for the following:
- Vehicles: Popular brands like Tesla, BMW, and Nissan, to name a few, have fully electric cars that rely on these greener car batteries. Even trucks can now be plugged in to juice up their batteries before travelling for many miles.
- Forklifts and other heavy machines: Although they need to use gas that is more powerful, they heavily rely on Li-ion batteries for many functions. Fleet managers know how much this technology has benefited their forklifts in different categories.
- Drones: These devices are now becoming common in fleet operations and also use Li-ion batteries. They are used to monitor traffic, provide vehicle services, and even count the fleet of vehicles in a yard.
Benefits of Lithium-Ion Batteries
According to experts at the Eyeride website and also experienced fleet managers, the invention of Li-ion battery technology is one of the best things to ever happen to this sector. If you look at the benefits shared below, you will also agree with this.
- They are rechargeable – This technology is considered the best for batteries because they can be recharged several times. When you use the recommended charger and time, most of these batteries will serve your fleet vehicles and machines for many years, unless they are heavily used or exposed to conditions that damage them.
- Cheap in the long run: When compared to the fuel used by vehicles, the cost of buying and charging these batteries will be very cheap in the long run. Analysts claim that the cost is between 30 and 40 percent less. This is very sustainable for fleets that operate many cars at the same time. It is time to test the use of Li-ion batteries in your company if you have not adopted this technology.
- Low maintenance: Li-ion batteries require maintenance that is not taxing at all. The best thing to do is ensure that the machines are running smoothly to avoid straining the battery. Do not overuse them through unnecessary idling or use long routes when there is a shorter route.
Li-ion batteries have certainly brought many benefits to fleet companies. As research and innovation evolve, more machines can take advantage of these batteries for the benefit of fleet management. Since there are many brands with different qualities, you must consider the ones that have been proven to work perfectly.
- Battery Storage Changes Ahead
- Ford Fiesta History-Including batteries
- Solar Power Attracts Retired People: Retirees are turning to solar power
- Lead Acid Batteries Recycled: One of the Planets most recycled products.
- A Bit About Narrowboat Batteries