Table of Contents
I love it when we get a good battery sale in the Cheshire area of the UK. simply because of the sheer beauty of the countryside, speckled with very large detached Tudor-style houses. Of course, many belong to wealthy farmers and landowners, but they also belong to wealthy footballers from nearby Manchester and Liverpool.
Delivery day was to be Thursday,
but we had problems with our van, so with the customers’ permission, we changed the delivery to Saturday. I was going to be the one making this delivery. Cheshire is about two hours from our base in Halifax, UK. So an early start was not required.
The delivery was to be made to a hard-working boat owner who used the canal for delivering fuel, such as coal and diesel, to other narrow boat owners along the prolific Cheshire canal system.
I think his name was George.
George had been on the canals for as long as he could remember. As a child, he spent every summer holiday with his father, helping him steer narrowboats up and down the Cheshire canal system. George took over the family business when his father died and has been running it ever since.
George was a hard worker, and he knew the canals inside and out. He had delivered coal and diesel to other narrowboat owners along the canals for many years. He was proud of his work and knew that he was helping people keep their homes warm and their boats moving.
Chamberlain Carrying Company
I must admit that it can be a very dangerous manoeuvre when looking for narrow boats that are moored near usually busy “A roads.” On arrival, this was to be no exception. Fortunately, the business owner appeared from nowhere to guide me to the wharf entrance.
Sure enough, the boats belonging to the “Chamberlain Carrying Company” were moored up. I presume one of them is waiting for its new set of 4 x ER650 Exide Batteries. These Exide batteries are becoming a good choice for narrowboat owners.
George and I had a good chat,
and he explained how his business was working. George did the fuel orders, and his wife Ruth was an artist, turning things like old milk churns into brightly painted works of art. Importantly, what can be seen on many canal vessels is that they are often filled with flowers in the summer months.
So, after saying my goodbyes, I decided to go back to Yorkshire. I took a different route home, avoiding Chester and Manchester by taking the M62.
Another good and sunny delivery day, and a blog to finish it off with.
- 34 Ah Lucas Mobility batteries: delivered to Historic Market Town-Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, UK
- Charging Your Electric Car: don’t boil kettle, says National Grid
- Solar Battery Storage Guide-A beginner’s guide to solar power | Stuff.co.nz
- LV31MF ApolloPower batteries-Delivered-To a Boat on the River Wissey- Kings Lynn-Norfolk
- Battery Maintenance Services: Why you should offer battery maintenance services
- 34 Ah Lucas Mobility batteries: delivered to Historic Market Town-Whittlesey in Cambridgeshire, UK - February 26, 2024
- Charging Your Electric Car: don’t boil kettle, says National Grid - February 25, 2024
- Solar Battery Storage Guide-A beginner’s guide to solar power | Stuff.co.nz - February 24, 2024