Table of Contents
No Reserve Capacity
The capability of a battery to keep a gadget running even without the source of charging is termed as “reserve capacity.” If the battery is stated as having “no reserve capacity,” it means it is incapable of offering power post disconnection from the charging source.
This implies that the battery won’t function as a backup when power is interrupted, analogous to driving a car without a spare tire leading to a stranded situation. Reserve capacity is vital as it empowers batteries to continue functioning after the power plug is disconnected and especially during power outages.
Without reserve capacity, devices such as emergency lights, laptops, and mobile phones cannot function. Hence, reserve capacity is a crucial aspect of any device that operates on a battery as it enables the storage of charge for the future, and consequently, the steady supply of power to electronics.
No Reserve Capacity-Battery Problems from Numax Batteries
Of course, the most obvious explanation is that the battery has reached the end of its service life by normal wear. So it has shed most of its active mass.
Naturally, the service life of deep cycle batteries largely depends on the depth of discharge. In fact, the service life of a deep cycle battery is often determined at the moment of purchase. Consequently, it is at that point. When making the calculation of power consumption and charging facilities. That the number of cycles to expect are decided upon. So it must be ensured that the right choice is made by the customer.
Deep discharge due to lack of capacity of the battery
Subsequently, the charger or alternator may also have accelerated loss of active mass and cause short cycle life. Another possible cause of premature battery failure is sulphatation. In general, sulphatation results from two factors.
- State of charge and the time the battery discharged. Sulphatation not only hampers the charging process. But it can also form large crystals which bridge between two plates and cause a short circuit. In the event of such a short circuit the battery voltage will rapidly increase when connected to a charger.
2. The charger will see this as an indication that the battery is fully charged and cut off, leaving the battery empty. Of course battery warranty problems can occur from these problems.
Other battery problem related articles.
- LFD140 Varta Professional Boat battery : Delivered to Wonderful Hythe in Hampshire
- Battery Storage Changes Ahead
- Ford Fiesta History-Including batteries
- Solar Power Attracts Retired People: Retirees are turning to solar power
- Lead Acid Batteries Recycled: One of the Planets most recycled products.
Information courtesy of Manbat now known as Ecobat